Weekly box office: Train Your Dragon 3 narrowly defeats Aquaman
FlicksNews | 10 January 19
It was a close race. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World took $9.66 million across 288 cinemas in Australia, narrowly beating Aquaman which took $9.18 million across 312 cinemas. Mary Poppins Returns came third, making $6.43 million across 327 sites.
Here are the top 10 films at the Australian box office, January 3 to January 9.
1. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Universal) $9,661,495
2. Aquaman (Warner Bros.) $9,183,476
3. Mary Poppins Returns (Disney) $6,425,648
4. Ralph Breaks the Internet (Disney) $4,232,480
5. Bohemian Rhapsody (Fox) $2,469,461
6. Bumblebee (Paramount) $1,762,231
7. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Sony) $1,375,900
8. Holmes & Watson (Sony) $1,009,615
9. The Favourite (Fox) $972,770
10. Vice (eOne) $906,413
Source: Numero. * Estimated figures as at 12:13 PM 10/01/19. For official box-office chart, contact MPDAA
Captain Marvel dropped 49% in sales from the previous week, but still took a hefty sum.
Captain Marvel is still going gangbusters at the Australian box office.
Captain Marvel thumped the competition.
Captain Marvel has sucked up the Australian box office like some sort of incredible black hole.
Alita: Battle Angel is still at number one after its third weekend.
Alita: Battle Angel continues winning the battle of the box office.