Weekly box office: Train Your Dragon 3 narrowly defeats Aquaman
FlicksNews | 10 January 19
It was a close race. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World took $9.66 million across 288 cinemas in Australia, narrowly beating Aquaman which took $9.18 million across 312 cinemas. Mary Poppins Returns came third, making $6.43 million across 327 sites.
Here are the top 10 films at the Australian box office, January 3 to January 9.
1. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Universal) $9,661,495
2. Aquaman (Warner Bros.) $9,183,476
3. Mary Poppins Returns (Disney) $6,425,648
4. Ralph Breaks the Internet (Disney) $4,232,480
5. Bohemian Rhapsody (Fox) $2,469,461
6. Bumblebee (Paramount) $1,762,231
7. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Sony) $1,375,900
8. Holmes & Watson (Sony) $1,009,615
9. The Favourite (Fox) $972,770
10. Vice (eOne) $906,413
Source: Numero. * Estimated figures as at 12:13 PM 10/01/19. For official box-office chart, contact MPDAA
Woody, Buzz, Forky and the rest of the Toy Story gang soared to the top of the Australian box office.
Men in Black: International has opened at #1 in Australia, ending Aladdin‘s magic carpet ride at the top of the box office. MIB chalked up $3.8 million while Aladdin took $2.9 million. Here are the top 10 films at the Australian box office, June 13 to June 16. 1. Men in Black: International (Sony) $3,887,351 […]
Aladdin fended off stiff competition, again capturing the number one spot at the Australian box office.
In its second week Aladdin remained in the top spot, sailing above Rocketman and Godzilla II.
Disney are experiencing a whole new world of box office gold.
Disney’s Aladdin remake was one jump ahead of the competition, taking $7.57 million in its opening weekend.