Weekly box office: Aquaman makes a big splash
FlicksNews | 03 January 19
Aquaman took a whopping $16.18 million in earnings this week, bringing its total to $20.58 million at the Australian box office. Disney’s latest animation Ralph Breaks the Internet came second, taking $7.13 million.
Here are the top 10 films at the Australian box office, December 27 to January 2.
1. Aquaman (Warner Bros.) $16,177,961
2. Ralph Breaks the Internet (Disney) $7,128,236
3. Bumblebee (Paramount) $3,053,695
4. Bohemian Rhapsody (Fox) $2,965,105
5. Mary Poppins Returns (Disney) $2,680,370
6. Holmes & Watson (Sony) $2,528,566
7. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Sony) $2,140,628
8. Vice (eOne) $1,422,859
9. The Favourite (Fox) $1,322,419
10. The Grinch (Universal) $1,076,311
Source: Numero. * Estimated figures as at 11:32 AM 03/01/19. For official box-office chart, contact MPDAA
Woody, Buzz, Forky and the rest of the Toy Story gang soared to the top of the Australian box office.
Men in Black: International has opened at #1 in Australia, ending Aladdin‘s magic carpet ride at the top of the box office. MIB chalked up $3.8 million while Aladdin took $2.9 million. Here are the top 10 films at the Australian box office, June 13 to June 16. 1. Men in Black: International (Sony) $3,887,351 […]
Aladdin fended off stiff competition, again capturing the number one spot at the Australian box office.
In its second week Aladdin remained in the top spot, sailing above Rocketman and Godzilla II.
Disney are experiencing a whole new world of box office gold.
Disney’s Aladdin remake was one jump ahead of the competition, taking $7.57 million in its opening weekend.