Weekly box office: Ant-Man and the Wasp flies to #1
Disney’s Ant-Man and the Wasp flew into the top spot, grossing more than $8.8 million at the Australian box office this week. The runner-up was Incredibles 2, another Disney release, which grossed more than $7 million to edge over Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
Here are the top ten films at the box office in Australia, July 5 to July 11.
1. Ant-Man and the Wasp (Walt Disney) $8,806,376
2. Incredibles 2 (Disney) $7,170,376
3. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (Universal) $5,890,451
4. Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation (Sony) $5,835,629
5. Ocean’s 8 (Roadshow) $1,146,687
6. Adrift (Roadshow) $921,791
7. Sicario: Day of the Soldado (Roadshow) $852,987
8. Show Dogs (Roadshow) 847,840
9. Sanju (Mindblowing) $668,510
10. Tag (Warner Bros) $321,297
Source: Numero. Estimated figures as at 12:56 PM 12/07/18
Crazy Rich Asians has crossed $17.73 million at the Australian box office, topping the charts three weeks in a row.
In its third week of release, the smash-hit romantic comedy Crazy Rich Asians defeated The Predator and A Simple Favour.
Here are the top 10 films at the Australian box office, September 6 to September 12.
In its second weekend at the Australian box office, Crazy Rich Asians remained on top, taking $4.09 million.
Warner Bros. adaptation of Kevin Kwan’s best-selling novel of the same name made a killing at the box office.
Crazy Rich Asians earned $5.22 million in its first weekend at the Australian box office.
The fishy creature feature The Meg took $2.1 million in its second weekend in theatres, topping the charts.