Weekly box office: Ant-Man and the Wasp flies to #1
Disney’s Ant-Man and the Wasp flew into the top spot, grossing more than $8.8 million at the Australian box office this week. The runner-up was Incredibles 2, another Disney release, which grossed more than $7 million to edge over Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
Here are the top ten films at the box office in Australia, July 5 to July 11.
1. Ant-Man and the Wasp (Walt Disney) $8,806,376
2. Incredibles 2 (Disney) $7,170,376
3. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (Universal) $5,890,451
4. Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation (Sony) $5,835,629
5. Ocean’s 8 (Roadshow) $1,146,687
6. Adrift (Roadshow) $921,791
7. Sicario: Day of the Soldado (Roadshow) $852,987
8. Show Dogs (Roadshow) 847,840
9. Sanju (Mindblowing) $668,510
10. Tag (Warner Bros) $321,297
Source: Numero. Estimated figures as at 12:56 PM 12/07/18
Bohemian Rhapsody is still champion of the Australian box office.
Bohemian Rhapsody continues its reign of foot-stomping success.
Bohemian Rhapsody has again shown that it ain’t gonna lose, taking in almost $10M.
Bohemian Rhapsody made it to the top spot at the speed of light.
The A Star is Born train is in full steam, dropping only 18% from its previous week.
So far the spooky season has been more romantic than terrifying.
A Star is Born, the fourth version of the 1937 film of the same name, has been well received by Australian audiences.
A Star is Born opened this week to the sweet melody of $6.02M, knocking out Venom from the top spot.