Weekly box office: all tremble before the might of Captain Marvel
FlicksNews | 14 March 19
Captain Marvel‘s success at the box office was always a fait accompli, but hot damn its takings are still impressive: a whopping $17.32 million gobbled up from the Australian box office. The Marvel blockbuster averaged $57k per theatre in its first week of release.
Here are the top 10 films at the Australian box office, March 7 to March 13.
1. Captain Marvel (Disney) $17,322,294
2. A Dog’s Way Home (Sony) $1,180,273
3. Green Book (eOne) $1,173,121
4. Alita: Battle Angel (Fox) $641,788
5. King of Thieves (Studiocanal) $518,572
6. What Men Want (Paramount) $400,468
7. Greta (Universal) $397,882
8. Stan & Ollie (eOne) $336,697
9. Bohemian Rhapsody (Fox) $$289,552
10. On the Basis of Sex (eOne) $225,502
Source: Numero. * Estimated figures as at 10:59 AM 14/03/19. For official box-office chart, contact MPDAA
The superhero comedy Shazam! remains at number one, taking in $2.52 million
Shazam! has earned $6.35 million in its first week of release at the Australian box office.
Shazam! has discovered it has box office-conquering superpowers.
Jordan Peele’s gnarly horror movie Us topped the Australian box office.
Jordan Peele’s gnarly horror movie took the top spot in its opening weekend.
Captain Marvel stays at the top of the box office three weeks into its Australian release.
Captain Marvel remains in the top spot in its third weekend in Australia.
Captain Marvel dropped 49% in sales from the previous week, but still took a hefty sum.