Weekly box office: all tremble before the might of Captain Marvel
FlicksNews | 14 March 19
Captain Marvel‘s success at the box office was always a fait accompli, but hot damn its takings are still impressive: a whopping $17.32 million gobbled up from the Australian box office. The Marvel blockbuster averaged $57k per theatre in its first week of release.
Here are the top 10 films at the Australian box office, March 7 to March 13.
1. Captain Marvel (Disney) $17,322,294
2. A Dog’s Way Home (Sony) $1,180,273
3. Green Book (eOne) $1,173,121
4. Alita: Battle Angel (Fox) $641,788
5. King of Thieves (Studiocanal) $518,572
6. What Men Want (Paramount) $400,468
7. Greta (Universal) $397,882
8. Stan & Ollie (eOne) $336,697
9. Bohemian Rhapsody (Fox) $$289,552
10. On the Basis of Sex (eOne) $225,502
Source: Numero. * Estimated figures as at 10:59 AM 14/03/19. For official box-office chart, contact MPDAA
The Lion King set to eat the competition for breakfast.
Our friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man reached the top of Australia’s box office charts.
Your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man has swung into top place at the Australian box office.
Woody, Buzz, Forky and the rest of the Toy Story gang soared to the top of the Australian box office.
Men in Black: International has opened at #1 in Australia, ending Aladdin‘s magic carpet ride at the top of the box office. MIB chalked up $3.8 million while Aladdin took $2.9 million. Here are the top 10 films at the Australian box office, June 13 to June 16. 1. Men in Black: International (Sony) $3,887,351 […]
Aladdin fended off stiff competition, again capturing the number one spot at the Australian box office.